Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

9 days... 9 things to be thankful for.

I'm getting so close I can almost taste it... in 9 days, I will be 87/90ths done with law school, or 96.66%. (I'm a math nerd, leave me alone.) It's so exciting! I can't believe it's almost here - finally!

So, amid the stress and frustration that is finals preparation (think undergrad on acid - we only have one exam that determines the whole semester's grade), I decided to count my blessings and note a few things I am thankful for.

1. Family: I have amazing parents. Thanks to them, I will graduate law school with zero debt and money in the bank!
2. Friends: without my newfound law school buddies (newfound meaning, from 1L year on), I wouldn't have survived law school. True story.
3. Motivation: I'm grateful that I finally learned to not procrastinate. It has paid off by leaps and bounds this semester!
4. Job interviews: I have one thursday to work for Kaplan as an LSAT prep teacher. Wish me luck!!
5. Technology: Making it easier to take notes and prepare outlines, and keep in touch with far-away family members.
6. Cars: So I don't have to walk to school in the freezing snowy weather.
7. Subway: so I don't get too fat during finals.
8. Amazon's amazing Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals: responsible for some amazing Christmas gifts (I'll detail them later, when the gift-receiver has received them!) AND my very own sushi-making kit! Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

And last but certainly not least...

9. Adam. I'm grateful for a sweet and adorable boyfriend who takes care of me and holds me when I'm stressed and leaves me sweet notes on my carrel in Finnish. Who watches Disney movies with me (even if he's only "watching" and mainly sleeping) and who will do Angel Tree gifting with me and who buys me adorable pajama pants and skirts for presents, because he knows what I would like best. Who will scrape off my car in the snow and surprise me by wrapping 600 Christmas lights around the railing of my porch so I can come home to my own little winter wonderland. Who gives me forehead kisses and holds my hand in church and rubs my back when I'm tired. This wonderful boy has grown up into an incredible man... the last four years have been bumpy but fun, and things are better now than they ever have been.

I have a lot to be grateful for. I'll be a lot more grateful in 9 days when I'm done with my finals and I can just relax and finally, FINALLY get a solid Christmas break. I'll miss Adam and I hate to be away from him for so long, but hey. #5 will make it easier to be apart. :)

Until then... peace love and kisses, wish me luck on everything!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck roommate! I think I'll be calling you that for the rest of our lives :). Soo happy you and Adam are doing "better than ever!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! I'm excited that your semester's almost over! Derek's goes until 12/15, and I couldn't be more excited to have my husband back for a few weeks without having to share him with studying and homework :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost cried... that was so sweet about Adam!

    ReplyDelete