Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Life is SO good!

Seriously! Life is amazing right now!

1. Apparently, I'm a pretty good negotiator. My partner Doug and I won the entire BYU Law Negotiation Competition this weekend. We'll be going on to regionals in November (in Provo, so lame! Last year's team got to go to California and every now and again it's in Hawaii!) and then if that goes well (cross your fingers!) we'll be going to Nationals in Orlando! Pictures to come.
2. I went to a CIVIL WAR RE-ENACTMENT. Seriously. No I'm really serious. Not joking at all. It was great. I loved it. Pictures:

Me with some Rebs (go Dixie!)


Me and Emily enjoying the battle


The whole group (Brad, Danielle, Union [yuck], Em, Union [yuck], Eileen, Steve, Lisa)

So that was a blast. We spent the afternoon up there enjoying This Is the Place. We also ate at Ruth's Diner (featured on Food Network), which was REALLY good - just don't try the brownie sundae!

3. The food plan is really working out! I've been clipping coupons (shock I know) and shopping based on sale items, which is really exciting. This week I'm making:

  • Shepherd's Pie with Mushroom Onion Gravy (oh my goodness. and chock full of veggies! Zucchini, onion, bell pepper, carrot, potatoes, mushrooms, yummm...)



  • Grilled chicken with rice and steamed broccoli (simple and pretty cheap)

  • Stuffed Chile Relleno Casserole with spicy rice (mmmm... spicy rice.)

  • Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs with grilled potatoes

These are all meals for 4+, and that grocery bill including food storage (frozen pictsweet veggies are on sale at harmon's right now, 1-lb. bags for $.69!), lunch stuff (I get deli meat... yum! so worth it, motivates me to bring my lunch), and peaches for peach cobbler (YUM), and the whole bill was only $100. I think $100 for 4 adults (I live with my brother and we always have guests for dinner) for 4-5 meals plus food storage, lunches, and snacks is really reasonable! (Am I wrong? Have I just been way overspending for too long?) If you want recipes, message me. I'm still working on this blog thing, especially inserting a link without just copy/pasting the link.

4. I have wonderful friends. Life without wonderful friends doesn't have to be terrible, but life with them is just amazing.

5. I made fresh 'sourdough' bread today. It was delicious. I brought it to school for kicks... two loaves gone in a few hours. Always makes a girl feel good!

6. I have a double date this weekend. I'm hooking up one of my freshman buddies with one of my law buddies. They are both super adorable and I'm hoping this will go somewhere great! (Not counting on it but it can't hurt to hope!) My date is an MBA who works with the FDIC. (I think.) I'm excited about that too!

7. I'm going to renew my temple recommend tomorrow, which is always exciting!

8. It's thunderstorming today. I love stormy weather.

Overall, things are wonderful. That's the update. Hopefully things won't go south fast.

XOXO,

S

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, loving the blog after my first read. But why are you making it impossible for me to follow? I can't "follow" it through Blogspot or add it to my Google Reader :(

    Really? Could you please turn on those options? :) pretty please? :D :D ...just for me? pretty pretty please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just called to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher, too--I think bishops have it in for law students. (Maybe they think we just like talking to big groups of people?)

    Also, I think this weekend I'm going to try that sourdough bread starter. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete