Hey friends. Unfortunately, paradise is fleeting, and my wonderful life as of Monday went south fast, just like I wished for (oh wait...). I am pretty sick with strep, which is the worst while in school. I missed classes Tuesday AND Wednesday, and didn't really even feel well enough to go today, but law school doesn't permit a ton of absences. Soooo... I bucked up and went today. Luckily, I'm a planner / neurotic / type A, and unluckily I get strep just about every year, so I was well-prepared and had the antibiotics on hand (thanks Dad!) and was able to start a course lickety-split... still not feeling great, though. Mom told me to take a smaller dose than what I should have taken, but actually antibiotics don't speed up recovery, according to WebMD. Strep takes 3-7 days to get over, but antibiotics help you actually HEAL rather than recover (since strep can do some nasty things in the long-term) and shortens the amount of time you are infectious. Just FYI, for the next time you get strep.
Funny thing - while I've been sick, I have gotten a lot done around the house. Laundry, dusting, dishes, de-cluttering, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning out the hamster cage, bathing the hamster (too funny), cooking (yes even while I'm sick), ... all but cleaning out the fridge, a chore I dread. I just think it's funny that I get that nesting instinct when I'm sick. Or maybe it's that I'm restless and I need mindless things to do to make myself feel better about not studying.
Being sick also means that I didn't get to go to the fair today (sad) and I have to cancel my double date for tomorrow (also sad). But I'm proud of myself for being able to recognize that I'm sick enough to make myself stay home. I guess I'm mature now.
Bedtime... it's 9:15 and I am waaay tired. :)
xoxo
S
Funny thing - while I've been sick, I have gotten a lot done around the house. Laundry, dusting, dishes, de-cluttering, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning out the hamster cage, bathing the hamster (too funny), cooking (yes even while I'm sick), ... all but cleaning out the fridge, a chore I dread. I just think it's funny that I get that nesting instinct when I'm sick. Or maybe it's that I'm restless and I need mindless things to do to make myself feel better about not studying.
Being sick also means that I didn't get to go to the fair today (sad) and I have to cancel my double date for tomorrow (also sad). But I'm proud of myself for being able to recognize that I'm sick enough to make myself stay home. I guess I'm mature now.
Bedtime... it's 9:15 and I am waaay tired. :)
xoxo
S
PS - Pictures are up. To see ALL of them, go to law.byu.edu, click on the picture in the bottom left corner (of the hula hoopers), then click "View Slideshow. " So funny! (Thanks for pointing it out, Em!)


Winner!
Being sick stinks so much - I hope you feel better soon! I'm impressed with how much you've gotten done around the house; I'm so bad about chores, even when I'm NOT sick... Get some rest girly!
ReplyDeleteso sorry you are sick. i have never had strep so i can't really say i know how you feel, but i definitely hope you feel better soon! love the hula hooping pictures!
ReplyDelete