Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cross Rib Roast






I've posted this recipe before, but this time I actually have pictures to go with it! Yay!

I'm still experimenting with the best way to do the vegetables (this time I did potatoes, carrots, and red onion). I like mine tender but not mushy, so I don't cook them the whole time the roast cooks. Also, if you don't dress the veggies with anything before putting them in the oven, they tend to get dry. So this time, I added olive oil and S&P to the veggies and tossed before putting them in the oven. I let the roast cook for about 45 minutes before putting the vegetables in, then cooked the roast with the veggies another 20 minutes, then pulled the roast out to rest for 15 minutes and left the veggies in, then pulled them out to eat. (Sounds way more complicated than it is.) Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment