Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just kidding. Opinions needed!!!!

Dear Blogging Community,

I need HELP. Picking a photog is so insanely hard! So, here's the breakdown. I'm looking primarily at two photographers. I'm going to give you their prices, what the prices include, and their websites. And I need you to help me decide which is the best for me!

Option #1:
Davey Orgill at PointeDigital.com
For $2,000, he's giving me their Package B + travel. The package includes 4 hours of wedding day coverage (up to 2 locations), engagements, bridals, full copyright release, and a mounted 16x20 to display at the reception.

Option #2:
Rebecca Mabey at effervescentmediaworks.com
For $1,615, she's giving me their Diamond Package + Travel. The package includes unlimited wedding day coverage (unlimited locations), engagements, bridals, DVD slideshow, 2 CDs of each session with edited images, custom sign-in book, copyright release, and a $400 print credit.

I know who's more bang for the buck (by far!!!) - I just don't know which photographer is better for the money. I think Davey is slightly better - but overall, I'm leaning toward Rebecca because she's very good and her deal is just killer!!! (I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more than $2k on a photographer.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. ok gotta be honest here: they're clearly both good photographers (also, it isn't rocket science getting a good picture of two good-looking insanely happy people on the best day of their life). the one deal is CLEARLY better. if it was me, i'd rather spend less and get more. right? right!
    i'm just saying, i'm SURE you'll get good pictures from whoever you choose, and having unlimited wedding-day coverage also means WAY more chances to catch that perfect remember-it-forever shot.

    also, can i just say i've been LOVING reading about your engagement! i'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in a similar situation and chose the more expensive photographer. i wish i had chosen the cheaper one. amanda is right- the photos are going to be good with either one. go with who gives you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm torn and i've been debating this since you posted it. i even spent considerable time on the websites because i love you so much and want my vote to be an educated one. i'll get back to you when i'm decided. in the mean time... fast and pray and go with your gut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with the cheaper photographer, too, for the same reasons mentioned above. Also, I think that I like her style a little better, but that's just my opinion. One question: why is Davey charging you $2000? On his website, package B is $1695...is it because of the travel portion? Or is travel still in addition to the $2000 he quoted you at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be worried about the cheaper one because the cd's just contain edited images and I would rather have all images, edited and unedited not just the photos the photographer (not you) chose to edit.

    ReplyDelete