He is just such a sweetheart. I got so lucky when we met and way luckier when we got engaged. Is it standard to have your love, like, triple when you get engaged?? I never thought I could love him more than I did a week ago. As it turns out, I could. I just can't wait for marriage.
Now, for the wedding planning... does anyone have advice for a complete wedding-planning-idiot?! I seriously have no clue what to do! I don't even know where to START!
Here are a couple of my fav wedding blogs...always good to start there for inspiration:
ReplyDeletehttp://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/
http://www.100layercake.com/blog/
http://www.projectwedding.com/blog/
http://www.inspiredbride.net/
http://iloveswmag.com/
http://www.stylemepretty.com/
http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/
I'd be more than happy to do your invitations, if you'd like. But of course, no pressure if you've got something else lined up. Let me know! :) Good luck!
YEAY!!! i LOVE reading all of your happily engaged posts even though i've been terrible about commenting.
ReplyDeletewedding planning advice: do not turn into me (although i blame it on the birth control) and definitely ask for help doing all the boring time consuming stuff (like everything that doesn't have to do with food or decorations- just my opinion) and uhhh, that's actually all. as you can see, i don't really have a lot to pass on.
summary: just make sure you're getting enough sleep and don't turn into me. I LOVE YOU!!!
ps- your ring is absolutely STUNNING!
Sarah, I'm so excited for you! Wedding Planning: Have fun. It's one day. Make it beautiful and fun, but it's one day. Focus more on preparing for marriage than a wedding. And listen to the Brad Paisley song "Then".... It describes exactly how you feel. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteSarah!! I am SOOOOO excited for you! What an exciting time :) If I had one thing to change about my wedding day, it would have been to take pictures BEFORE the day of...I know, I know, there's all of that hubbub of jinxing things if the groom sees you in your dress before the ceremony, yada yada...but seriously, I was so stressed out while taking our pictures, because after we got all of the group shots with family and friends done, Derek and I still had a ton of pictures to take of just the two of us....while everyone stood there and waited for us to finish so we could all go to the luncheon we were hosting afterwards....and I felt kind of rushed as a result. My advice is to take the pictures either a week before or a day or two before, whatever is easiest for you, because then you have all the time in the world to take as many shots as you want without having to worry about lots of people waiting for you to hurry up and be done. Then, on the day of your ceremony, all you have to do is take a few group shots with your guests, and maybe a couple of token pictures of just you and Adam :) I've had friends who have done this and they said that it relieved a lot of the stress for them. I wish I had done it :( But my pictures were still beautiful just the same :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, about being more and more in love now that you are engaged? Just wait until you are married! Just when you think you couldn't love someone more, tomorrow comes, and your love seems to have multiplied overnight. Seriously, I think back to the time when Derek and I got engaged, and I just can't believe the leaps and bounds our relationship has taken since then. It's awesome, and one of the best feelings in the world to be married to your best friend :) Good luck with all of your planning!!